Six weeks prior to moving:
- Fill out post office change-of-address cards.
- Ask your doctor or health plan provider for referrals & obtain all medical records.
- Arrange to transfer school records.
- Collect all other important documents veterinary, legal, and financial you may need.
Four weeks prior to moving:
- Arrange any special transportation needed.
- Make any travel plans necessary for your move.
- Obtain packing materials and start packing items you won’t need until after you arrive at your new house.
- Schedule disconnection of all utilities at your old home, and connection of them at your new one. Be sure to disconnect the day after you leave and connect the day before you arrive.
Two weeks prior to moving:
- Service your car in preparation for the move.
- Cancel newspaper delivery.
- Notify creditors of your move.
- Send change-of-address cards to everyone who will need to contact you.
- Transfer prescriptions and be sure you have adequate supply of medications on hand.
- Pack a travel kit: Flashlight, personal phonebook, toiletries, tools, paper plates, cups, towels, travel alarm clock, aspirin, bandages & games for the kids.
One day before moving:
- Transfer bank accounts.
- Close and empty safe-deposit boxes.
- Settle any bills with local businesses.
- Obtain travelers checks or cash for trip.
Contact us if you have any other questions about moving to Central Maine.